The Castle Rock United Methodist Church celebrated it’s 125 anniversary in 2016. In the 1880’s circuit riders brought the spiritual message to the scatter pioneers in cabins and log school houses. The church was dedicated on September 20,1891 as pictured here. The town of Castle Rock, Washington is centered primarily on the donation land claim of Eliza and William Huntington who settled there in 1852. The church has been remodeled several times, with the addition of a basement, Sunday school wing and a foyer. The steeple has been replaced but the original bell still rings on Sunday mornings. It is thought to be the oldest public building still in continuous use in Cowlitz County.